Welcome

This is about improving our drawing experiences, and hopefully have something to build on and expand our critiques. If you have a drawing you want to talk about, you should be able to post pictures and comments. If you have difficulty, just email me! Should be fun! Thanks!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

First - the Wart

OOPS! I deleted this one from the album and killed it - also I deleted it from my computer, and painted over the paper! Didn't realize it's LINKED!!!

 Oh well, you can imagine how unhappy I was with it!

As you can see, it's not always beautiful. This one suffers from trying to cram too much too quickly on the page without really mentally scaling it out first. First, I try to place my figures within a boundary - you can see the marks on the outside edges of the paper and I try to use all the paper. Then I try to find the center of the "design" - this can be more than just the figure, but the surroundings as well sometimes.  When I struggle with placement on the paper, I often just take my hand (no drawing tools) and sort of sketch it out on the page so I can get a sense of where things should go, or imagine where they should go. I didn't do that here, just jumped in without thinking and squished things, and broadened things, and shortened things, and made somethings bigger than they should be and thus we have a rather stiff, odd-looking drawing. But it was the first pose of the evening, and I'm like most folks, I have to warm up. Most of the time, the later ones get better. (Thankfully!) Next the Beauty Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Your Turn