Welcome

This is about improving our drawing experiences, and hopefully have something to build on and expand our critiques. If you have a drawing you want to talk about, you should be able to post pictures and comments. If you have difficulty, just email me! Should be fun! Thanks!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Cameron Art Museum Life Drawing 3-15-16

I was asked how I start my process, so I thought I would give a mini-tutorial on how we typically do it at our group. To start with, we do 8 gesture drawings as warm-up and start the brain-hand-eye coordination. These poses are timed at 1 1/2 minutes each. This is pretty typical of how I start. I work on 18x24 newsprint and the broad side of a graphite stick. I make a quick pass to capture the general direction of the pose and then start with more defining lines. I don't worry about accurate details as you can see I corrected the head position from the first pass.
The next drawing is a 15 minute one.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your process. You amaze me, from a few broad strokes to a person in 90 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kell - been doin' it a long time and still love it, but will never master it. Oh, I'll get it right a few times and strike out a bunch!

    ReplyDelete

It's Your Turn